It’s flu season and hand sanitizer is readily available everywhere from grocery store entrance ways to offices and libraries. This can be a good and a bad thing!
Store-bought sanitizer gels…
- often include harmful ingredients like pesticides, phthalates, and synthetic fragrances derived from petrochemicals
- kill some germs but cannot protect against viruses or remove dirt and debris (where toxins we encounter throughout the day accumulate)
Good thing making a safe, non-toxic version is easy and effective!
DIY Non-Toxic Hand Sanitizer
Things You’ll Need:
(affiliate links used – thank you for your support!)
- 5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil (buy it here)
- 15 drops of Tea Tree Esential oil (buy it here)
- 1/4 tsp Vitamin E Oil (buy it here – be sure to get D-Alpha which is natural vitamin E, not DL-Alpha, which is synthetic)
- 1.5 tsp Alcohol-free Witch Hazel (buy it here)
- 1/2 cup Pure Aloe Vera Gel (buy it here)
- Air-tight Pump Bottle (buy it here – dark glass to preserve essential oils)
How to Make it:
Add the ingredients into your pump bottle in the order listed, swirling the bottle after each one to combine.
To read about the benefits of these ingredients, and more on the dangers of many store-bought sanitizers, check out the full blog post I wrote for the Rubies & Radishes blog.
Click HERE to pin this image: